S&P Global Platts strives to provide information of the highest standards to its customers and to conduct its business with integrity.
However, we recognize that occasionally customers may not be satisfied with the services provided by Platts and wish to escalate matters. To raise a complaint about any aspect of our price assessments with us, you can:
Email PricingComplaints@spglobal.com or write directly to the Global Head of Compliance, S&P Global Platts, in your respective region, with background and details of your complaint at:
1111 Bagby Street
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
20 Canada Square, 9th Floor
Marina Bay Financial Centre
12 Marina Boulevard
PLATTS COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
Platts maintains a complaints handling policy by which anyone may submit a complaint regarding any issue relating to our price assessments and related methodologies.
- All complaints will be acknowledged in writing by Platts within three (3) business day of receipt.
- Platts will assign an individual to investigate any complaint and determine an appropriate course of action. The complaint handler will not have been directly involved in the assessment process.
- Platts will seek to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible. In most cases, Platts will provide a written response to the Complainant within twenty five (25) days from the date of receipt of the complaint by Platts explaining any course of action being taken or recommended by Platts. However, if the scope of the complaint demands further investigation after twenty five (25) days Platts will write to the Complainant explaining why the matter has not been resolved and indicating when a final response is likely to be made.
- A complaint may be referred to S&P Global's Legal Department where, for example, a complaint alleges fraud, ethical lapses, libel in Platts' publications, restraint of trade, etc.
- Where a complaint regarding a specific price assessment is determined by Platts to be valid, Platts reserves the right to exclude any retroactive price adjustments to price assessments.
- Should a complainant be dissatisfied with the way a complaint has been handled by Platts, within 25 working days from the time of the original complaint decision by Platts the complaint may be referred to an independent third party.
- Platts seeks to complete the appeals process within forty five (45) days from the date of the referral. Once the appeals process has been completed, Platts will notify the complainant of the result in writing within five (5) business days. However, if the scope of the complaint appeal demands further investigation after forty five (45) days Platts will discuss with the relevant appeals group and write to the Complainant explaining why the matter has not been resolved and indicating when a final response is likely to be made.
- Should a complainant be dissatisfied with the way a complaint has been handled by Platts, within six (6) months from the time of the receipt of the original complaint the complaint may be referred to an independent third party. The contact details of the Independent Complaint Reviewer appointed by Platts to handle such referrals can be obtained from Platts following resolution of a complaint.
- The Independent Complaint Reviewer will investigate the complaint and provide a written response to the complainant within forty (40) working days from the date of referral.
- Platts retains all information pertaining to each complaint for a minimum period of five (5) years.