Australia has accelerated its climate ambitions with a new commitment to cut emissions by 43% by 2030, which translates into having about 82% renewable power in its energy mix. Alongside that, the 2019 National Hydrogen Strategy aims to position the country as a top global exporter of the energy carrier. Demonstrations, pilot projects and hubs are being developed around the country, such as the first international pilot to export hydrogen.
In this episode of the Platts Future Energy podcast, Ruchira Singh discusses the contours of the Australian government's climate policy measures, and the considerations around hydrogen for the nation's decarbonization journey with Mendo Kundevski, Ankit Sachan and Anton Ferkov.
Price assessments featured in this episode:
- Hydrogen Western Australia SMR with CCS (inc. CAPEX) A$/kg (HYAAZ00)
- Hydrogen Western Australia Alkaline Electrolysis $/kg (HYAES00)
- Hydrogen Queensland PEM Electrolysis (inc. CAPEX) $/kg (HYABR00)
- Hydrogen South Australia PEM Electrolysis A$/kg (HYABW00)
- Japan Hydrogen Alkaline Electrolysis (incl CAPEX) $/Kg (IGYFU00)
More listening options: