Advance your E&P workflows to find more oil and gas.
Petra from S&P Global is a cost-effective software solution for managing, manipulating and visualizing integrated geological, geophysical and engineering data. Geologists, engineers, technicians and analysts use Petra for exploration, exploitation, infill drilling, reserves analysis, unconventional plays, production analysis and more. With Petra, you can quickly visualize results using mapping, cross-sections, seismic interpretations, log plots, cross-plots, production and reservoir analysis, and 3D visualization. To maximize your subscription, S&P Global offers technical support as well as Petra training courses at select locations and on site, by request.
Key features of the Mapping Module include:
- Integrate surface land picture into your subsurface interpretations
- Post digital/raster log curves and production data to well location
- Create and customize contour and bubble maps
- Display core and competed zones and top producer spatial distribution
Petra Module enables you to create customizable cross-section displays to optimize well location selection. Choose one of four cross sections that best fit your workflow:
- Single well – Display one well for analysis and printing
- Well-to-well – Connect selected wells in a line
- Line and wells – Display a projection line that features hand-picked wells
- Line and corridor – Display a projection line that features selected wells from a rectangular corridor around the line
Discover our other features of the module.
Ranked high in the upper right quadrant of the Welling Report for easy-to-use geological interpretation software, Petra enables you to:
- Expedite drilling decisions with shorter cycle times
- Integrate large S&P Global well, production and log datasets
- Quickly define reservoirs and prospects
- Focus on analysis rather than map-making
- Analyze mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Access enhanced data management with Petra Sidekick to load data into one project while working in another
What are the system requirements for Petra?
No special video cards are required. Petra is compatible with a broad range of high performance video cards and multiple monitor installations. Discover the minimum requirements.
Need more information about our Geoscience Solutions?