Maximize your CAPEX and OPEX cost strategies.
In a low-growth environment, in which chemical companies are competing for limited market share, you need to improve your margins to stay competitive. To select the optimal plant site and manufacturing technology, you must be able to compare capital and operating costs for competing process technologies. Understanding the cost drivers for the chemicals you produce will enable you to continually evaluate your competitiveness. Whether you deem a project viable could depend on the accuracy of forecasted revenues, required capital expenditures and tax impact.
S&P Global can help you:
- Maximize your CAPEX and OPEX cost strategies
- Understand the pro-forma cost and margin position of individual chemical plants by region and globally, including the impact of feedstocks, utility costs and other important cost drivers
- Identify and benchmark your competitive cost position along the global cost curve as the competitive landscape shifts
- Break down your plant’s aggregate capital and operating costs, including labor, engineering and project management, equipment, materials, electrical and other construction elements
- Monitor and forecast major capital investment costs trends and prepare strategic responses for upward or downward shifts