S&P Global Commodity Insights offers global energy scenarios, net zero cases, climate-related data, and expert analysis to support corporate strategy, investments, and decision-making in the energy transition.
Evaluating business strategies in a changing environment and testing against the very significant fuel type changes in the future under low emissions or net zero cases, is fast becoming a requirement of companies, shareholders, and investors. Therefore, the use of future scenarios is a critical component of the decision-making process.
Key questions this service answers:
- How fast will various transitions take place and change the use of energy types?
- What are the ways in which the world could move to a low emissions pathway that reaches the Paris Climate agreement goals?
- What policies and metrics are governments using to affect climate change and air pollution?
- How and where will hydrocarbons compete if demand declines in the future?
- What are the technology enablers and costs?
- How will competitive advantage change?