S&P Global Platts strives to provide information of the highest standards to its customers and to conduct its business with integrity.
However, we recognize that occasionally customers may not be satisfied with the services provided by Platts and wish to escalate matters. To raise a complaint with us, you can:
Speak to our existing contacts within Client Support, alternatively email or write directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, S&P Global Platts, in your respective region, with background and details of your complaint at:
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
PLATTS COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
- All complaints will be acknowledged in writing by Platts within one (1) business day of receipt.
- Platts will assign an individual to investigate any complaint and determine an appropriate course of action. Any complaint involving an individual or his/her work will be investigated by the next level of management.
- Platts will seek to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible. In most cases, Platts will provide a written response to the Complainant within forty five (45) days from the date of receipt of the complaint by Platts explaining any course of action being taken or recommended by Platts. However, if the scope of the complaint demands further investigation after forty five (45) days Platts will write to the Complainant explaining why the matter has not been resolved and indicating when a final response is likely to be made.
- A complaint may be referred to S&P Global's Legal Department where, for example, a complaint alleges fraud, ethical lapses, libel in Platts' publications, restraint of trade, etc.
- Where a complaint regarding a specific price assessment is determined by Platts to be valid, Platts reserves the right to exclude any retroactive price adjustments to price assessments.
- If the complainant does not accept Platts' determination, Platts will refer the complaint to an appeals process and notify the complainant accordingly in writing within five (5) business days following referral. The specific group to whom the appeal is referred will be determined by the type of complaint, and includes Platts' Compliance team, Editorial sector heads, Editorial Vice President, Platts' President or S&P Global, management, including the S&P Global Legal Department as appropriate.
- Platts seeks to complete the appeals process within forty five (45) days from the date of the referral. Once the appeals process has been completed, Platts will notify the complainant of the result in writing within five (5) business days. However, if the scope of the complaint appeal demands further investigation after forty five (45) days Platts will discuss with the relevant appeals group and write to the Complainant explaining why the matter has not been resolved and indicating when a final response is likely to be made.
- Should a complainant be dissatisfied with the way a complaint has been handled by Platts, within six (6) months from the time of the receipt of the original complaint the complaint may be referred to an independent third party. The contact details of the Independent Complaint Reviewer appointed by Platts to handle such referrals can be obtained from Platts following resolution of a complaint.
- The Independent Complaint Reviewer will investigate the complaint and provide a written response to the complainant within ninety (90) days from the date of referral.
- Platts retains all information pertaining to each complaint for a minimum period of five (5) years.