S&P Global Platts strives to provide information of the highest standards to its customers and to conduct its business with integrity.
However, we recognize that occasionally customers may not be satisfied with the services or have questions about the assessments provided by Platts and desire to request a price review or escalate matters.
To request a review of, or a challenge to, a published price assessment, which may or may not result in a correction you can:
Email PriceReview@spglobal.com or write directly to the Global Head of Compliance, S&P Global Platts, in your respective region, with background and details of your request at the address below.
If you would like to raise a complaint about any aspect of our price assessments, including assessment changes, application of methodology or other editorial decisions, you can:
Email PricingComplaints@spglobal.com or write directly to the Global Head of Compliance, S&P Global Platts, in your respective region, with background and details of your complaint at:
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
PLATTS COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
- All complaints will be acknowledged in writing by Platts within three (3) business days of receipt.
- Platts will assign an individual to investigate any complaint and determine an appropriate course of action. The complaint handler will not have been directly involved in the assessment process.
- Platts will seek to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible. In most cases, Platts will provide a written response to the Complainant within twenty five (25) business days from the date of receipt of the complaint by Platts explaining any course of action being taken or recommended by Platts. However, if the scope of the complaint demands further investigation after twenty five (25) business days Platts will write to the complainant explaining why the matter has not been resolved and indicating when a final response is likely to be made.
- A complaint may be referred to S&P Global's Legal Department where, for example, a complaint alleges fraud, ethical lapses, libel in Platts' publications, restraint of trade, etc.
- Where a complaint regarding a specific price assessment is determined by Platts to be valid, Platts reserves the right to exclude any retroactive price adjustments to price assessments.
- Should a complainant be dissatisfied with the way a complaint has been handled by Platts, within twenty five (25) business days from the time of the original complaint decision by Platts the complaint may be referred to an independent third party.
- The Independent Complaint Reviewer will investigate the complaint and provide a written response to the complainant within forty (40) business days from the date of referral.
- Platts retains all information pertaining to each complaint for a minimum period of five (5) years.