How do we assess the prices of Japanese Oil Products - Waterborne and Rack?
S&P Global Platts Japan Waterborne assessments reflect bids, offers and transactions for waterborne deliveries from locations in Tokyo Bay, Chukyo, Hanshin and Onishi . The assessments reflect cargoes of gasoline, gasoil, kerosene, low sulfur A-fuel oil and high sulfur A-fuel oil loading in two half-month laycans.
These laycans will roll over on the 11th and 26th day of each month. For example, on August 26, Platts will publish assessments for cargoes loading H1 September (September 1-15) and H2 September (September 16-30), until September 10. From September 11, Platts will assess the value of cargoes loading in H2 September (September 16-30) and H1 October (October 1-15), until September 25.
The assessments represent material meeting the latest standard Japan Industrial Standard, JIS specifications, unless otherwise specified. Waterborne transactions, bids and offers of a minimum of 500 kiloliters are considered for assessment. The maximum barge size for any one bid or offer is 2,000 kiloliters.
Platts Japan Rack assessments reflect bids, offers and transactions for rack deliveries from two locations in Tokyo Bay – Chiba and Kanagawa, and in Chukyo and Hanshin. The assessments reflect parcels of gasoline, gasoil, kerosene and high sulfur and low sulfur A-fuel oil loading one to seven days from the date of publication.
The assessments represent material meeting the latest standard Japan Industrial Standard, JIS specifications, unless otherwise specified. Rack transactions, bids and offers of a minimum of 50 kiloliters are considered for assessment. The maximum parcel size for any one bid or offer is 200 kiloliters.
Platts editorial holidays schedule that affect these assessments
- July 16, 2018 Marine Day
- August 11, 2018 Mountain Day
- September 17, 2018 Respect for the Aged Day
- September 24, 2018 Substitute holiday for Autumnal Equinox Day (September 23)
- October 8, 2018 Health and Sports Day
- November 23, 2018 Labor Thanksgiving Day
- December 24, 2018 Substitute holiday for Emperor's Birthday (December 23)
- December 25, 2018 Platts holiday (Christmas)
- December 31, 2018 TOCOM and Platts Tokyo holiday
Contact Platts Tokyo office
- Marunouchi Kitaguchi Building, 28th Floor,1-6-5 Marunouchi Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 100-0005,Japan
- Tel: +813 4550 8842 (Editorial)
- Tel: +813 4550 8300 (Sales)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org