Navigate the refined oil product markets with confidence
Understand changing dynamics in the oil refining and marketing value chain around the world with S&P Global refining and marketing insight, data and analysis.
As the globalization of the refining industry continues to accelerate, downstream players need to make strategic long and short-term decisions. Our Refining and Marketing service provides the analytical view on developments in the downstream sector needed to make sound investment decisions.
Country-level supply/demand projections for oil products and assets allow you to identify market conditions conducive to future investment. Understand the relationship between refinery capacity and rationalizations by unit; crude and feedstock qualities; throughput and utilization rates; and trade balances between regions by product streams. Retail motor fuel volumes and distribution, vehicle fleet, economic overview and oil logistics complete this detailed view of the refining and marketing value chain.
Strategic planners, business development professionals and investment decisions makers use our Refining and Marketing service to:
- Evaluate policy decisions and their economic impact in the markets where they do business
- Compare retail and refining performance with peers and competitors
- Master refined product supply and demand fundamentals, globally and regionally
- Make long-term investment decisions in new capacity and infrastructure
- Assess the impacts of product flows, refinery economics and pricing on refined product markets