Judson Jacobs, M.S.
Executive Director, Upstream Energy, S&P Global Commodity InsightsJudson (Jud) Jacobs is an executive director in the Upstream Energy practice at S&P Global Commodity Insights, focused on technology and innovation.
Judson studies the strategic implications and tactical applications of oilfield and digital technologies across the oil and gas value chain in the current role. His recent research includes the role of technology in managing oil and gas GHG emissions, new technology commercialization strategies and open innovation models, and the growing role of digital technology in field development and asset operations.
Prior to joining S&P Global, Judson worked as a management consultant with the Mitchell Madison Group and held senior engineering positions with Schlumberger and Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
Judson holds a BSE from Princeton University and an MS in Geology from Stanford University.
- Oil & Gas Upstream
- Clean Technology & Renewables
- Climate and Sustainability
- Unconventional Oil & Gas
- Upstream Costs & Technologies
- Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage
- Clean Technology Innovation
- Digital Transformation
- Energy R&D Trends
- Energy Technologies
- Energy Transition
- Exploration & Production (E&P)
- Exploration & Production (E&P) Strategy
- Field Development
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Management
- International Oil Companies (IOCs)
- Low Carbon Spending
- Mature Field Technologies
- National Oil Companies (NOCs)
- Offshore Drilling
- Oilfield Services
- Unconventional Resources
- Unconventional Technology and Development
- Upstream Benchmarking
- Upstream Cost Reduction
- Upstream Operations
- Upstream Technology Benchmarking
- Well Intervention