trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/udcdgfztln9eib85g85coa2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

X-Elio wraps South Carolina 70-MW solar asset purchase

Essential Energy Insights - September, 2020

Street Talk Episode 68 - As many investors zig away from bank stocks, 2 vets in the space zag toward them

Rate case activity slips, COVID-19 proceedings remain at the forefront in August

Bull market leaves US utilities behind in August


X-Elio wraps South Carolina 70-MW solar asset purchase

X-Elio Energy S.L. has acquired a development-stage solar project in South Carolina.

The Madrid-based company purchased the Lily Solar Plant from National Renewable Energy Corp., which will continue to operate and manage the project, and provide engineering, procurement and construction services.

The project, which is under development in Allendale County, has a planned capacity of 70 MW, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. Eversheds Sutherland advised X-Elio on the deal.

Lily Solar will be South Carolina's largest solar project, according to the statement, and will have a 20-year power purchase agreement with SCANA Corp. utility South Carolina Electric & Gas Co.

X-Elio is 80%-owned by KKR & Co., with Gestamp Renewables owning the remaining 20%.

The portfolio company owns 140 MW of operating assets and upwards of 1 GW of projects under construction in the U.S. and Mexico, according to an Oct. 15 news release by Eversheds Sutherland.

X-Elio's operational portfolio includes the 50 MW Midway Solar Farm I in Imperial County, Calif., which came online in 2018.