CBS Corp. Chairman, President and CEO Les Moonves' pay package climbed to about $69.6 million in fiscal year 2016, up from $56.8 million in the prior year.
Most of the increase came in the form of bonus, which totaled $32.0 million, up from $19.0 million in 2015, according to an April 7 SEC filing. Moonves also received $31.9 million in stock awards and $3.5 million in salary in 2016.
Meanwhile, COO Joe Ianniello netted roughly $29.0 million in 2016, including a bonus of $12.5 million and $13.5 million in stock and option awards. By comparison, Ianniello was paid $26.4 million in 2015.
Chief Communications Officer, Gil Schwartz took home $5.1 million in total compensation in 2016, compared with his 2015 paycheck of $3.8 million, while Chief Legal Officer Lawrence Tu received $8.6 million in 2016, up from $7.5 million the year before.
Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer Anthony Ambrosio made roughly $5.3 million in 2016, compared to his 2015 total income of $4.1 million.
* President and CEO of Synacor Inc. Himesh Bhise received $895,256 in 2016 compensation, compared to $821,499 in 2015. CFO William Stuart saw his 2016 paycheck decrease to $519,841 from $639,552 in the year before, according to an April 7 SEC filing.
* The board of MercadoLibre Inc. approved annual bonuses for certain of the company's executive officers, as per an April 7 Form 8-K filing. The board approved a bonus of $806,943 for company President and CEO Marcos Galperin. CFO Pedro Arnt, COO Stelleo Tolda and Chief Technology Officer Daniel Rabinovich will receive $245,472, $338,567 and $245,472 in bonuses, respectively. MercadoLibre's board also approved the adoption of the 2017 Long Term Retention Program and established target awards for the named executive officers. Galperin's 2017 long-term retention program award equaled $5.9 million, with Arnt's award set at $1.1 million. Tolda and Rabinovich's awards were set at $1.3 million and $1.5 million, respectively.
* Mitch Barns, CEO of Nielsen Holdings, saw his 2016 total compensation increase to roughly $10.1 million from $9.1 million in the prior year, according to an April 6 SEC filing. Barns' 2016 pay package included $5.7 million in stock awards, $1.7 million in option awards and $1.7 million in nonequity incentive plan compensation. Jamere Jackson, CFO of Nielsen, saw his total income increase to $4.5 million in 2016, up from $3.8 million in 2015. Jackson was paid $2.1 million in stock awards and $607,602 in option awards in 2016. COO Steve Hasker also saw his 2016 paycheck increase year over year, taking home about $5.1 million in 2016, including $2.5 million in stock awards and $718,071 in option awards, compared with his 2015 compensation of $3.8 million. Chief Technology Officer James Powell earned $2.8 million in 2016.
* Discovery Communications Inc.'s President and CEO David Zaslav pulled in about $37.2 million in 2016 total compensation, including $3.0 million in salary, $15.1 million in stock awards, $11.1 million in option awards and $7.5 million in nonequity incentive plan compensation, according to an April 5 SEC filing. By comparison, Zaslav earned $32.4 million in 2015. Former CFO Andrew Warren was paid roughly $3.0 million in 2016. Bruce Campbell, chief development, distribution and legal officer, netted $6.7 million in 2016 as total compensation, slightly down from $6.8 million the year before. Jean-Briac Perrette, who is the president and CEO of Discovery Networks International, saw his 2016 paycheck rise to $11.6 million, compared with his 2015 total compensation of $7.4 million. Chief Commercial Officer Paul Guagliardo netted $4.6 million in 2016, including $1.0 million in stock awards and $2.2 million in nonequity incentive plan compensation.
* Wayfair Inc.'s Co-founder, co-Chairman, President and CEO Niraj Shah made $83,200 in 2016, the same amount as his 2015 paycheck, as per an April 5 SEC filing. Co-Founder and Co-Chairman Steven Conine also received $83,200 in both 2016 and 2015. CFO Michael Fleisher's 2016 pay package decreased to $320,533 from roughly $1.5 million in 2015. COO James Savarese's total compensation, meanwhile, rose to $4.3 million in 2016, mainly due to about $4.0 million in stock awards. He netted $1.8 million in 2015.
* Patrick Talamantes, who recently stepped down as president and CEO of McClatchy Co. was paid $1.6 million in 2016 compensation, according to an April 4 SEC filing. Company CFO and Vice President of Finance Elaine Lintecum made $771,144 in 2016, up from $692,747 in 2015.
* Angela Courtin was elected to OUTFRONT Media Inc.'s board as a Class II director, according to an April 4 SEC filing. Courtin will receive an annual cash retainer of $70,000. She will also receive an annual cash retainer of $10,000 for service on the board's compensation committee and will be granted an annual equity grant in the form of restricted share units valued at $120,000.
* Travelzoo Inc. Chairman and Global CEO Holger Bartel 2016 pay package decreased to $231,720 from roughly $2.0 million in the prior year. Bartel, who received about $1.8 million worth of option awards in 2015, did not get any awards in 2016. CFO Glen Ceremony made $590,001 in 2016, slightly more than 2015's $555,702, according to an April 4 SEC filing.
* Vonage Holdings Corp. appointed David Levi as vice president, controller and principal accounting officer, effective April 26. Levi will receive an annual base salary of $295,000 and will participate in the company's annual cash incentive plan and long-term incentive plan, the company said in an April 4 SEC filing.
* Crown Castle International Corp. President and CEO Jay Brown pulled in roughly $7.4 million in 2016 total compensation, including $5.6 million in stock awards and $1.1 million in nonequity incentive plan compensation, according to an April 3 SEC filing. Brown's 2015 paycheck amounted to $3.8 million. Daniel Schlanger, who became the company's CFO in June 2016 and senior vice president in April 2016, received $4.4 million in 2016, including about $3.5 million in stock awards. James Young, senior vice president and COO, saw his 2016 total compensation slightly increase to $4.3 million from $3.8 million in 2015.