trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/mbknknvbkkvxcya9e0h0ma2 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Report: Värde Partners considering 2019 IPO for WiZink Bank

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: May Edition

Blog

Latin American and Caribbean Market Considerations Blog Series: Focus on IFRS 9

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: April Edition - Part 2

Blog

The Evolution of Cloud Banking: Successful Implementation & Frameworks


Report: Värde Partners considering 2019 IPO for WiZink Bank

A potential IPO of WiZink Bank SA in 2019 is among options being looked at by U.S. alternative asset management firm Värde Partners Inc. for the Spanish online lender, Reuters reported, citing three sources with knowledge of the matter.

Värde Partners is understood to have met with investment banks in the last few weeks to structure the financing of WiZink Bank, which has an equity value of about €2.5 billion, one of the sources told the newswire, while another source noted that an IPO is one of many options but not what the meetings were scheduled for.

In March, Värde Partners, which already owns a 51% stake in WiZink Bank, agreed to acquire the remaining 49% stake in the company from Banco Santander SA's Banco Popular Español SA for an undisclosed sum. The deal is expected to close in the second half.

The firm is considering issuing bonds or a bridge loan to finance the acquisition, according to the report.