* Wells Fargo is negotiating a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice over the investigation into procurement of low-income housing tax credits, sources tell Bloomberg News. The bank's settlement could exceed $100 million, according to the report.
* The Texas Department of Banking closed Cooper, Texas-based Enloe State Bank, marking the first bank to fail in the U.S. in 2019. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was named receiver in a failure estimated to cost it about $27 million. Bowie, Texas-based Legend Bank will assume the insured deposits of Enloe State Bank for a 0.51% premium and will also purchase about $5.2 million of the failed bank's assets.
* Confirming a recent media report, West Street Capital Partners VII, a fund managed by Goldman Sachs' merchant banking division, agreed to acquire Vienna, Va.-based Capital Vision Services from private equity firm Altas Partners and Canadian pension fund Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec. The transaction terms were not disclosed in the press release but The Wall Street Journal said that Capital Vision, which manages MyEyeDr. optometry practices, is reportedly valued at $2.7 billion, including debt.
* Private equity giant Blackstone Group reportedly outbid Prologis to acquire 179 million square feet of industrial warehouses in the U.S. from Singaporean company GLP for $18.7 billion. It would be the largest-ever private real estate transaction globally.
* Asiff Hirji is no longer president and COO of San Francisco-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase and has left the company, Bloomberg News reports. Hirji, a former TD Ameritrade executive, joined Coinbase in December 2017.
* Goldman Sachs plans to expand its investment banking operation and is eyeing new business with 1,700 midsize clients over the next three years, President John Waldron said at the Bernstein's Annual Strategic Decisions conference in New York.
* WellCare Health Plans CEO Ken Burdick and CFO Drew Asher will hold executive leadership roles at Centene Corp. after the merger of the two companies completes.
* Liberty Mutual Insurance closed its acquisition of AmTrust Financial Services' U.S. surety operations.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.