* Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway now owns 10%of Wells Fargo.
* First Sentry Bancshares ($508.5million) will buy fellow West Virginian Rock Branch Community Bank ($75.0 million)for about $7.4 million.
* Metropolitan Bank of Mississippiis looking to expand its fee-based businesses and is considering acquisitions, according to The Daily News.
* Risk rating downgrades onoutstanding energy credits has Mississippi-based Hancock Holding predicting a $45million increase in its first quarter provisionfor credit losses.
* Piper Jaffray analysts cameup with a list of banks most exposed to the autolending industry and predicts a decrease in originations and a risein default rates.
* Clients pullingout of asset manager Luxor Capital Group will only get 88% of their money backfor now, Reuters reports, citing a letter by founder Christian Leone.
* Commodity pool kWantix istrying to raise up to $25million, according to the Pittsburgh BusinessTimes.
* AllianceBernstein is formingan oil-and-gasteam in its fixed-income group, Bloomberg News reports.
* The OCC's chief counsel toldThe Wall Street Journal that the regulatorwill release a white paper on fintechinnovation this week.
* The NAIC on April 4 will with a trade grouprepresenting consumer operated and oriented health plans, where they are expectedto discuss the financial and regulatory challenges facing the remaining 11 taxpayer-fundedco-ops.
* And Nationwide Mutual Insurancenamed Mark Howard chieflegal officer, effective April 11.
The Daily Dose: Express Editionis updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.