S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Nottingham Building Society COO Simon Taylor has resigned from his role as a director of the society. The resignation was effective Oct. 5.
* Legal & General Group PLC appointed Henrietta Baldock, chairperson of Legal & General Assurance Society Ltd., an independent nonexecutive director of the company, effective Oct. 4. Baldock most recently served as chairperson of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's European Financial Institutions team. Also, Carolyn Bradley will resign from the board at 2018-end, and Lesley Knox will serve as a designated nonexecutive director for engagement with the company's workforce, effective immediately. Knox currently chairs the company's remuneration committee.
* GrønlandsBANKEN A/S Director Ben Arabo resigned from the board.
* Permanent TSB Group Holdings PLC appointed Donal Courtney as nonexecutive director, effective immediately. Donal has been on the board of many companies in aircraft leasing, property financing and private equity industries.
* Ameriabank CJSC appointed Philip Lynch as a nonexecutive director of its board. Lynch has been a founding partner of Stem Capital Partners since 2013.
* Man Group PLC's independent nonexecutive director Nina Shapiro will retire, effective Oct. 9.
* Sanne Group plc appointed Yves Stein as an independent nonexecutive director, effective Oct. 1. Stein was the CEO of KBL European Private Bankers SA previously. He also serves as nonexecutive director at Merck Finck Privatbankiers AG and Edmond de Rothschild (Europe).
* Prudential PLC appointed Mike Evans as chairman of M&G Prudential. Evans, who currently serves as chairman of food delivery company Just Eat PLC, joins M&G Prudential's board effective Oct. 1. The U.K. Financial Conduct and Prudential Regulation authorities signed off on his appointment at M&G Prudential.
* Chesnara PLC appointed Jane Dale as senior independent director, to succeed Evans who resigned with immediate effect. Dale has been serving as a nonexecutive director since May 2016, and will take on the additional responsibility.
* Mark Cloutier will step down as Brit Ltd. executive chairman in December. Cloutier is slated to become chairman and CEO of Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd., and will serve as a consultant with an Apollo affiliate, focusing on the Aspen deal, upon leaving Brit. He has been Brit's executive chairman since January 2017.
* Bank of Georgia Group PLC appointed Véronique McCarroll and Andreas Wolf to the board as independent nonexecutive directors, and to the board of JSC Bank of Georgia, subject to regulatory approval. McCarroll was an executive director at Crédit Agricole Group until recently, while Wolf serves as head of strategy and business development at MHB-Bank AG.