trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/f_JVQuJaNOVymSyu3zPP8Q2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Boralex completes C$200M refinancing of wind farm in Québec

As COVID-19 Wears On, Regulators Examine Moratorium Extensions, Cost Recovery

Essential Energy Insights - June 11, 2020

Webinar Replay

Deep Dive on Oil & Gas for Financial Institutions

Essential Energy Insights - May 28, 2020


Boralex completes C$200M refinancing of wind farm in Québec

Boralex Inc. on Dec. 18 said it closed a refinancing agreement of over C$200 million for the 139-MW Le Plateau 1 wind farm in the Gaspé region of Québec.

The new credit agreement will mature in March 2032, coinciding with the expiration date of the wind farm's power purchase agreement with Hydro-Québec. It replaces a prior credit agreement that matured in 2022.

The financing reduces Boralex's average interest rate for the project by 350 basis points, to 3.40% from 6.90%, according to a Dec. 18 news release.

It also makes available C$30 million of financial resources, of which around C$15 million will go to Boralex, as 51% shareholder in the project, to reduce its corporate credit facility. Canadian pension fund Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec owns the remaining 49% stake in Le Plateau 1.

Overall, as a result of the refinancing, Boralex's interest expense will be reduced by almost C$2 million per year on a combined basis.