Media industry moves
* Michael O'Gorman, Thomas Butler Fore and Lalit Lal joined RealBiz Media Group Inc.'s board Aug. 11. According to a Form 8-K filed Aug. 15, O'Gorman, Fore and Lal will each serve on the board until the company's next annual meeting of stockholders and until a successor is duly qualified. O'Gorman is chairman and CEO of Crassus Holdings Ltd. Fore serves as CEO of real estate development firm Sora Development. Lal is the president of American World Foods Inc.
* Sling TV founding CEO Roger Lynch joined Pandora Media Inc. as CEO, president and a class III director, effective Sept. 18. Also, the company said in a Form 8-K filed Aug. 14 that it named Michael Lynton as a class II director to serve until the expiration of the class II term at the 2019 annual meeting of stockholders. Lynton serves as chairman of Snap Inc.'s board. Sling TV is owned by DISH Network Corp.
* Meredith Corp. elected President and COO Thomas Harty to its board, the company said in a Form 8-K filed Aug. 9. Harty was named president and COO in August 2016. Harty will stand for election as a class II director at the company's annual shareholders meeting in November. If elected, he will serve a one-year term expiring Nov. 12, 2018.
* Time Inc. appointed former Twitter Inc. executive Katie Stanton to its board, the company said Aug. 7. Stanton, who will serve on the board's compensation committee, currently serves as chief marketing officer of health technology service Color.
Communications industry moves
* WideOpenWest Inc. appointed Tom McMillin to the company's board as an independent director, effective Aug. 7. He will serve on the audit committee. The appointment increases the number of directors on the company's board to eight from seven, the company said Aug. 7. McMillin serves as president and COO of TierPoint and Cequel III.
* Charles Boesenberg on July 31 retired from the board of Boingo Wireless Inc. Boesenberg retired from his service as lead independent director, chair of the board's compensation committee and as a member of the board's audit and steering committees, according to an Aug. 3 Form 8-K filing. The company's board on Aug. 1 appointed Lance Rosenzweig as the lead independent director and Mike Finley as the chair of the board's compensation committee.