S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Sempra Energy on Oct. 12 named Michael Mears and Cynthia Walker to its board of directors as part of its cooperation deal with activist investor Elliott Management Corp. Mears is chairman, president and CEO of Magellan Midstream Partners LP, while Walker is senior vice president of marketing and midstream operations and development for Occidental Petroleum Corp.
* WEC Energy Group Inc. said in an Oct. 9 news release that its board elected Kevin Fletcher as the new president of the company, effective immediately. Fletcher will replace Allen Leverett, who took a medical leave after having a stroke in October 2017. Leverett will remain a member of the board, the company said in a separate news release.
* Duke Energy Corp. made several moves in its executive teams, including the appointment of Stephen De May, the company's senior vice president of tax and treasurer, as the president of Duke Energy North Carolina. De May will be succeeding David Fountain, who was named senior vice president, legal, chief ethics and compliance officer and corporate secretary for Duke Energy's office of general counsel.
Karl Newlin, currently senior vice president of corporate development, will add the role of treasurer. Joni Davis, currently vice president of marketing and customer engagement, was appointed vice president and chief diversity officer. Sasha Weintraub, currently senior vice president of customer solutions, will transition to the position of senior vice president and chief commercial officer – natural gas. Swati Daji, currently senior vice president and chief procurement officer, will become senior vice president of customer solutions.
All the changes are effective Nov. 1.
* Luc Duguay was appointed CEO of Engie MultiTech.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* SM Energy Co. named Carla Bailo an independent director on its board. She will also serve as a member of the board's audit committee. Bailo previously served as the senior vice president for research and development in the Americas for Nissan North America Inc. and is currently the CEO of the Center for Automotive Research
* Dominion Energy Inc. Executive Vice President and CFO Mark McGettrick is set to retire Jan. 1, 2019. James Chapman, senior vice president of mergers and acquisitions and treasurer, will succeed McGettrick, effective Nov. 1. Chapman is also expected to retain his role as treasurer.
* Legacy Reserves Inc. appointed Doug York to the company's board, replacing Dwight Scott, who has resigned from the board effective immediately.
* Rowan Cos. PLC President and CEO Tom Burke will be serving in the same positions at the newly combined company that will be formed through Rowan's merger with U.K.-based Ensco PLC. Ensco's President and CEO Carl Trowell will serve as executive chairman. Jon Baksht, senior vice president and CFO of Ensco since November 2015, will serve in the same role at the combined company. The combined company's board will comprise Trowell and Burke, plus five additional members from Ensco's current board and four additional members from Rowan's current board.