This feature rounds up venture capital news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* Lucidchart LLC, a cloud-based visual productivity platform, secured $72 million from new investors Meritech Capital Partners and ICONIQ Capital LLC, as well as returning backer Spectrum Equity Management LP. Lucidchart raised $1.0 million in seed funding in July 2011.
* Music application developer Smule Inc. collected $20 million in capital from Times Bridge, TechCrunch reported. Smule received about $54.4 million in growth financing in May 2017.
* Cloud communication platform Unifonic Inc. raised $21 million in a series A financing round led by Saudi Technology Ventures, along with Riyadh Taqnia Fund, Endeavor Catalyst, ELM Exchange Inc. and RAED Ventures.
* Scale Venture Partners led an $18.5 million series B financing round for Cognata Ltd., an artificial intelligence-based automotive simulation platform developer. Emerge, Maniv Mobility and Airbus Group Ventures reinvested in the company, with newcomer Global IoT Technology Ventures Inc. Cognata obtained $5.0 million in venture capital in June 2017.
* Healthcare startup Thirty Madison Inc., which owns the Keeps brand of hair-loss products, got about $15.3 million in a series A funding round led by Maveron LLC and Northzone Ventures. Other participants included Greycroft, Steadfast Venture Capital, First Round Capital, Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, Hillcour Capital LLC and Two River Group Holdings LLC, with other prominent individuals in the consumer and healthcare sector.
* Chinese treadmill maker Xqiao closed 140 million yuan in series B+ financing from an investor group led by Harvest Investments Ltd., China Money Network reported Oct. 16. Existing investors Future Capital Discovery Fund and Aplus Capital also participated in the round.
Quadrille Capital secures €200M for latest technology fund
As of Oct. 17, US$1 was equivalent to about 6.93 yuan.
Unless otherwise noted, historical funding data is sourced from the S&P Global Market Intelligence platform.