S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly overview of ratings actions on European financial institutions and economies. Ratings actions are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* S&P Global Ratings affirmed Nationwide Building Society's A/A-1 long- and short-term counterparty credit ratings. The outlook remains negative.
* S&P maintained Banca del Mezzogiorno - MedioCredito Centrale SpA's BB long-term rating on CreditWatch developing.
* Fitch Ratings upgraded Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA's long-term issuer default ratings to B from B-, with a stable outlook, and affirmed its short-term rating at B. The agency also removed the bank's ratings from Rating Watch Evolving. Fitch downgraded the bank's viability rating to "f" from "c" and subsequently upgraded it to "b."
* Fitch upgraded Malta's long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings to A+ from A and the issue ratings on the country's senior unsecured foreign- and local-currency bonds to A+ from A. Malta's country ceiling was affirmed at AAA and the short-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings were raised to F1+ from F1. Fitch also upgraded issue ratings on the country's short-term foreign- and local-currency bonds to F1+ from F1.
* Fitch affirmed Finland's AA+/F1+ long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings. The outlook on the long-term ratings is stable, while Finland's country ceiling was affirmed at AAA.
* DBRS confirmed Netherlands' AAA/R-1 (high) long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency issuer ratings. The trend on all the ratings is stable.
* Fitch downgraded the long- and short-term issuer default ratings of AtaBank OJSC to CCC/C from B-/B and its viability rating to "ccc" from "b-." The agency affirmed the bank's support rating of 5 as well as its No Floor support rating floor. Fitch also affirmed Azerbaijan-based Expressbank's B/B long- and short-term issuer default ratings, "b" viability rating, 5 support rating and No Floor support rating floor.
* Moody's placed on review for downgrade Paysafe Group Plc's Ba2 corporate family rating and Ba3-PD probability of default rating.
* Moody's upgraded Société Générale SA unit BRD-Groupe Société Générale SA's long- and short-term local-currency bank deposit ratings to Baa2/Prime-2 from Baa3/Prime-3, with a positive outlook on the long-term rating. It raised the Romanian subsidiary's long- and short-term local- and foreign-currency deposit ratings to Baa3/Prime-3 from Ba1/Not Prime, revising the outlook on the long-term foreign-currency deposit rating to stable from positive and leaving the outlook on the local-currency deposit rating unchanged at positive. Moody's upgraded BRD's baseline credit assessment to "ba3" from "b1" and adjusted baseline credit assessment to "ba1" from "ba2." At the same time, the rating agency affirmed the bank's Baa3/Prime-3 long- and short-term foreign-currency bank deposit ratings and changed the outlook on the long-term rating to stable from positive. The Baa2(cr)/Prime-2(cr) long- and short-term counterparty risk assessments were also affirmed. Meanwhile, the rating agency upgraded Erste Group Bank AG unit Banca Comerciala Romana SA's baseline credit assessment to "b1" from "b2," the adjusted baseline credit assessment to "ba2" from "ba3" and the long- and short-term counterparty risk assessments to Baa2(cr)/Prime-2(cr) from Baa3(cr)/Prime-3(cr).
* DBRS confirmed DNB Bank ASA's AA (low)/R-1 (middle) long- and short-term issuer ratings and deposit ratings, AA (low) long-term senior debt rating, R-1 (middle) short-term debt rating and AA (high)/R-1 (high) long- and short-term critical obligations ratings. The trend on all the ratings is stable, while the DNB ASA unit's intrinsic assessment is AA (low) and its support assessment is SA3.
* DBRS confirmed Danske Bank A/S' long-term issuer, senior debt and deposits ratings at A and its short-term issuer, debt and deposit ratings at R-1 (low) and revised the trend on the ratings to positive from stable.
* S&P affirmed the BBB/A-2 long- and short-term counterparty credit ratings on Germany-based UniCredit Bank AG and UniCredit Luxembourg SA. The outlook on both of the UniCredit SpA units is developing.
* S&P affirmed Commerzbank AG's A-/A-2 long- and short-term counterparty credit ratings. At the same time, the rating agency also affirmed the BBB+/A-2 long- and short-term counterparty ratings of Commerzbank's Polish unit, mBank SA. The outlook on both Commerzbank and mBank is negative.
* Fitch affirmed VSK Insurance Joint Stock Co.'s BB- insurer financial strength rating and issuer default rating, with stable outlooks.
S&P Global Ratings and S&P Global Market Intelligence are owned by S&P Global Inc.