* JPMorgan's third-quarter earnings grew 33% year over year to $2.34 per share.
* Citigroup and Wells Fargo are also expected to report their third-quarter earnings results today.
* Goldman Sachs is opening a customer care hub in Milton Keynes in U.K. for its banking platform, Marcus, Reuters reports. The company was also chosen as one of the lead underwriters for the initial public offering of SoftBank's Japanese wireless business, sources told Bloomberg News.
* First Interstate BancSystem is acquiring Idaho Independent Bank and Community 1st Bank in two separate deals valued at $181.3 million and $21.5 million, respectively.
* Fifth Third Bancorp is closing a segment of ClearArc Capital's operations, the Cincinnati Business Courier reports. ClearArc is Fifth Third's institutional investment management unit.
* Fidelity Investments is again facing a lawsuit over allegations of mismanaging its 401(k) plan.
* American Financial Group is acquiring ABA Insurance Services from American Bankers Mutual Insurance Ltd. for approximately $28 million in cash.
* Commissioner Robert Jackson Jr. of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is urging the agency to create an Office of Anti-Trust Economics to help promote competition within the securities market.
* The National Credit Union Administration's board will vote on finalizing changes to its risk-based capital rule on Oct. 18.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.