trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/zkjhJ5xxjNc3zqNkl_PVeA2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

French competition authority approves La Poste's acquisition of CNP Assurances

Street Talk - Ep. 64: Coronavirus jumpstarts digital adoption

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 63: Deal talks continue amid bank M&A freeze, setting up for strong Q4

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 62: 'Brutal' outlook for oil demand offers banks in oil patch no relief

Amid Q1 APAC Fintech Funding Slump, Payment Companies Drove Investments

French competition authority approves La Poste's acquisition of CNP Assurances

French competition regulator Autorité de la concurrence approved the takeover of CNP Assurances SA by state-owned postal service La Poste SA's banking unit La Banque Postale SA — which will become its majority shareholder.

Additionally, the watchdog approved state-owned investment fund Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations, or CDC, to assume sole control of La Poste by assuming a majority stake in the postal service in return for giving its roughly 41% stake in CNP Assurances to La Banque Postale.

The move, which was initially mulled over in 2018, intends to combine banking and insurance within a single state-owned entity that would primarily provide its services in rural areas neglected by private companies.

Post-completion, CDC will own a 66% stake in La Poste, while the state will directly own the remaining 34%. Meanwhile, La Banque Postale will hold a roughly 62.1% majority stake in CNP Assurances, according to the Dec. 31 statement.