S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Gordon McCallum, a nonexecutive director at Virgin Money Holdings (UK) Plc, resigned, effective Oct. 31. Virgin Group Holdings Ltd. nominated CFO Amy Stirling to replace McCallum as Virgin Group's nominee director from early 2018, subject to regulatory approval. Stirling is also a nonexecutive director at RIT Capital Partners Plc.
* Subsidiary Bank Sberbank of Russia JSC said that Serik Akhanov was elected as an independent director and member of the board of directors, while board member Kuanysh Tazabekov stepped down as director.
* Adam Marciniak, Artur Osytek and Barbara Soares da Silva resigned as members of PKO Bank Hipoteczny SA's board, effective Oct. 17.
* Romano Alfieri stepped down as member of the board of directors at Credito Emiliano SpA, effective immediately. He resigned for personal reasons.
* Aviva Plc unit Aviva Investors named Mike Craston chairman of the board, effective Nov. 17, Reuters reported. Craston is set to replace John Misselbrook, who will retire from the board in November. Craston was also named nonexecutive director of Aviva Investors, with immediate effect.
* Behrooz Abdolvand will resign from the supervisory board of DF Deutsche Forfait AG on Oct. 31, and become chairman of its management board. He will be replaced on the supervisory board by Franz Josef Nick, who will serve until his appointment can be submitted to a shareholder vote at the next annual general meeting. Nick was formerly chairman of the management board of TARGOBANK AG & Co. KGaA.
* Jupiter Fund Management Plc named Roger Yates as an independent nonexecutive director.
* Getin Noble Bank SA appointed Barbara Bakalarska to join its supervisory board.
* JSC Agrarian Credit Corp. said that Kairat Makaev was excluded from its board of directors.
* The shareholders of Kazakhstan-based Bank RBK JSC dismissed board of directors Chairman Farid Lyukhudzyayev and also excluded Nikolay Radostovets, Igor Mazhinov, Daniyar Tuganbay and Nurgul Ertayeva from the board. Bolatbek Zhainazarov and the lender's management board chair, Marpu Zhakubaeva, were appointed to the board, joining Anvar Saidenov, who retained his seat. Zhainazarov is now chairman of the reshuffled board of directors.