trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/zAs2Po9lHuhygDvI855m8g2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

The Tuesday Express: North American financials

Street Talk Episode 68 - As many investors zig away from bank stocks, 2 vets in the space zag toward them

Street Talk Episode 66 - Community banks tap the debt markets while the getting is good

Street Talk Episode 67 - Veteran investor tabs Mick Mulvaney to help with latest financial stock-focused fund

Street Talk Episode 65 - Deferral practices trap US bank portfolios in purgatory


The Tuesday Express: North American financials

* Data for 44,000 customers of the FDIC was "inadvertently"compromised by an outgoingemployee in February, The Washington Postreports, citing a memo, adding that the employee downloaded the data onto a personalstorage device — but "without malicious intent."

* The share of home mortgages serviced by nonbanks increased from about 6.8% in 2012to approximately 24.2% in 2015, as measured by unpaid principal balance, accordingto a report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office. Banks continued to servicethe remainder, which is about 75.8%.

* Keefe Bruyette & Woods Inc. named 18 U.S. bankinginstitutions to its 2015 Bank HonorRoll, down from 2014's 25 institutions.

* At CNO Financial Group Inc., Gary Bhojwani was president, effective April18, and Erik Helding was named executive vice president and CFO, effective immediately.

* The NAIC is preparing to explore options to protect its turf — consumers and U.S.insurance company oversight — against the impact of insurance bilateral agreementnegotiations between the U.S. and the European Union.

* David Weimert, a former AnchorBank fsb senior vice president,was releasedfrom federal prison after the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit reversedhis conviction of five counts of wire fraud, The Wall Street Journal reports. Weimert was sentenced to 18 monthsin federal prison in June 2015.

* Demand for BATS Global Markets Inc. shares appear tobe very high days beforethe exchange's IPO is scheduled to price. The offering may be oversubscribed byas much as 5x, Bloomberg wrote, citing sources.

* Marshall Sprung, co-chief of the SEC's Division of Enforcement'sAsset Management Unit, plans to leave theagency later this April.

The DailyDose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may requirea subscription.