This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Donna Brandin, executive vice president and CFO of the Lightstone Group LLC, is resigning from the group and its subsidiaries to pursue other opportunities. Brandin will resign as CFO, senior vice president and treasurer of Behringer Harvard Opportunity REIT I; as CFO, executive vice president and treasurer of Lightstone Value Plus Real Estate Investment Trust V Inc; and as CFO and treasurer of Lightstone Value Plus Real Estate Investment Trust Inc., Lightstone Value Plus REIT II and Lightstone Value Plus REIT III.
* Texas-focused real estate services company LIG Assets Inc. named Marvin Baker its new president, replacing Charles Gambino, who became COO. Baker is co-founder and CEO of advertising, media, entertainment and broadcast company BGTV Direct Inc.
* Realty Income Corp. appointed Mark Hagan to replace Neil Abraham as its new executive vice president and chief investment officer, effective May 21. Abraham will serve as executive vice president and chief strategy officer of the single-tenant-focused retail REIT.
* Jonathan Perry will step down June 1 as senior vice president of investments and chief investment officer of self-storage-focused REIT CubeSmart.
* Hotelier Red Lion Hotels Corp. named Nate Troup, former vice president, chief accounting officer and corporate controller at Westmoreland Coal Co., as its new senior vice president and chief accounting officer.
* Casino-focused real estate investment trust VICI Properties Inc. increased its board to eight members with the addition of Diana Cantor as an independent director. Cantor also sits on the boards of Domino's Pizza Inc. and Universal Corp.
Peggy DaSilva, head of Allianz Real Estate's loan and asset management group
* Marc Gamsin resigned from the board of commercial real estate assets-focused Oaktree Real Estate Income Trust Inc. on May 4.
* Allen Wolff resigned April 29 as an independent director and audit committee member of Parking REIT Inc., citing a difference of "philosophy and vision" between him and a majority of the board. The board tapped Nick Nielsen to replace Wolff on the audit committee.
* Kilroy Realty Corp. tapped Delmar Nehrenberg to succeed David Simon as head of the Los Angeles region. Simon will continue working with the company as a consultant on certain projects. Nehrenberg most recently was a partner at Allen Matkins, where he provided legal and business counsel on real-estate-related matters.
Jon Muñoz, vice president for diversity and inclusion at Hilton
* Allianz Real Estate, an affiliate of Allianz Group, named Peggy DaSilva as head of the loan and asset management group for the Americas, effective May 7. Most recently, DaSilva was managing director at Canyon Partners Real Estate in the New York office.
* Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. appointed Jon Muñoz as its vice president for global diversity and inclusion.
* Healthcare focused real estate company Invesque Inc. hired Bryan Hickman as senior vice president for investments. Most recently, Hickman was vice president for investments at Welltower Inc., where he was responsible for underwriting new investment opportunities and for the asset management of an approximately $4.5 billion portfolio.
* Boenning & Scattergood Inc. appointed Merrill Ross as a research analyst to cover small-cap real estate investment trusts.
* Gary Reiff resigned as chief administrative and compliance officer at Black Creek Group and Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc., effective June 13. Reiff will join University of Colorado Health as its chief legal officer.