* Wells Fargo & Co. Chairman and CEO John Stumpf from a Federal Reserve advisorycouncil, effective Sept. 22.
* Sen. Elizabeth Warren, alongwith other senators, is urging the Department of Labor to look into possible violations of the Fair Labor StandardsAct at Wells.
* JPMorgan Chase & Co.,reportedly close to a dealwith the SEC over its hiringpractices in Asia, is now facing possible penalties from the Fed and the OCCas well, say sources for The New York Times'DealBook.
* Speaking of JPMorgan, thebank plans to run its proprietary applications on the publiccloud by next year and is also building an internal cloud dubbed "Gaia,"American Banker reports, citing ChiefInformation Officer Dana Deasy.
* Thomson Reuters Corp. is trading technology firmREDI Holdings.
* CBOE Holdings Inc. is in talksto buy Bats Global MarketsInc., say sources for Bloomberg News.
* In California, Ontario-basedCVB Financial Corp. is buying Visalia-based Valley Commerce Bancorp in a cash-and-stockdeal valued at $57.5 million.
* Home BancShares Inc. of Arkansasentered into a nonbinding letter of intent to buy a bank holding company based inFlorida for $88.5 million.
* Southern Pines, N.C.-basedFirst Bank paid the FDIC $2.0 million to terminate its loss-share agreements with the agency early.
* Delaware-based WilmingtonSavings Fund Society FSB agreed to pay a civil penalty of $375,000 as part of a settlement with the SEC relating tocertain aspects of the bank's registered transfer agent services.
* Under the terms of an orderby the SEC, Park National Corp. is to cease and desist from committing or causingany violations and any future violations of the reporting, books and records andinternal accounting controls provisions of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.It will also pay a civil money penalty of $500,000within 10 days of the entry of the order.
* ORIX Growth Capital and SiliconValley Bank provided $8 millionin growth capital to Impartner, a SaaS-based partner relationship management solutionprovider.
* Life settlement provider LifeEquity LLC named Scott WillkommCEO.
* Jeffrey Farber will join Hanover Insurance Group Inc. Oct.1 as executive vice president and senior finance officer and will assume the roleof CFO on or about Nov. 4.
* And Apptio Inc. shares today on the NasdaqGlobal Market under the ticker symbol APTI.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Someexternal links may require a subscription.