trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/z5Z4tVqZ5-wIL6luNNHCkQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Premier African: Zimbabwe proposes US$6M investment in RHA tungsten mine

Greenhouse gas and gold mines Nearly 1 ton of CO2 emitted per ounce of gold produced in 2019

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - September 2020

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - August 2020

State of the Market: Mining Q2-2020


Premier African: Zimbabwe proposes US$6M investment in RHA tungsten mine

Premier African Minerals Ltd.'s share price rose about 18% on March 13 after disclosing that the Zimbabwean government proposed a US$6 million investment in the RHA tungsten mine, which has been closed since January 2018 due to the lack of funds.

Premier African owns 49% of RHA, while the government's National Indigenisation and Economic Development Fund holds the remaining 51%.

In December 2018, the government expressed willingness to inject funds into the mine, pending some clarification on Premier's involvement and restructuring of RHA Tungsten Pvt. Ltd. Premier is planning to consolidate its interests in RHA as well as its other projects in Zimbabwe into a new, wholly owned subsidiary.

The amount would be used for the immediate recommissioning of the mine, subject to the appropriate agreements. Premier also said its Zimdiv Holdings Ltd. unit will also be awarded a contract extension to manage the mine.