* Bank of the Ozarks kicked off this earnings week.The Arkansas-based bank reported second-quarter available to commonstockholders of $54.5 million, or 60 cents per share.
* Thomson Reuters is selling its intellectual propertyand science business to private equity funds for in cash.
* The Federal Reserve and other U.S. regulators arereported to be considering imposing a cybersecurity baseline for banksin the wake of continued and more aggressive attacks against financialinstitutions, Bloomberg News reports.
* The Division of Financial Regulation of the OregonDepartment of Consumer and Business Services will file a petition to placeOregon's Health CO-OP in receivership to liquidate its assets and help connectpolicyholders to new plans.
* JPMorgan Chase is preparing to launch an in Brazil thatwill focus on high-risk corporate debt securities, known as high yield, withprotection against exchange rate fluctuations, Valor Econômico reports.
* U.S. Bancorp intendsto hire in its fixed income business as it seeks to expand other services,such as foreign exchange and interest-rate derivatives, Stephen Philipson, thebank's head of credit and municipal fixed income, told Bloomberg.
* The quarter-over-quarter increase in the ManheimUsed Vehicle Price Index for the month of June should help HuntingtonBancshares, Citizens Financial Group, Wells Fargo and BB&T — banks withauto exposure — "in the near term," Piper Jaffray's Kevin Barker saidin a research note.
* In Kansas, sister banks Stockton National Bank andTrego-WaKeeney State Bank are merging to form Solutions North Bank.
* In Washington, Commencement Bank ($177.2 million)and Thurston First Bank ($130.7 million) inked a deal for a .
* AssuredPartners acquired Richardson, Texas-based LegacyTexas InsuranceServices, the general insurance block of business of LegacyTexas Bank.
* First Hawaiian Inc., the holding company ofHonolulu-based First Hawaiian Bank, filed a registration statement related toits IPO.
* Thomas Meshako was appointed of Greenfield,Mass.-based Greenfield Savings Bank.
* Donna Kinnaird, senior executive vice president andCOO of Reinsurance Group of America, intends to on Jan. 31, 2017.
TheDaily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external linksmay require a subscription.