S&P Global Market Intelligencepresents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel movesat Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement datesin reverse chronological order.
* appointed Teresita Galvadoresas senior vice president and chief compliance officer and Jane Lim-Laragan as seniorvice president, effective May 2. In addition, Jennie Lansang was hired as seniorvice president and information systems group head, effective May 16.
* saidCFO Tony Cheong resigned,effective May 13.
* TheMalaysian government namedMuhammad Ibrahim as the new governor of BankNegara Malaysia, succeeding Zeti Akhtar Aziz. Ibrahim will serve as head ofMalaysia's central bank for a period of five years, beginning May 1.
* Manuel Alves as executive generalmanager for retail and Fawaz Sankari as executive general manager for commercial.
* ChinaMinsheng Financial Holding Corp. Ltd. hiredRen Wang as CFO and head of investment banking. Ren was previously president ofAsia and joint head of Asia investment banking and capital markets at .
* appointed Taro Shiroyamaas managing director for institutional business development in Japan, Reuters reported.
* 's interim CEO for its Singaporeunit, Raj Sriram, will leavethe bank, Reuters reported. Renato Cohn, member of the group's executive board,will become the unit's acting CEO.
* Christine Lam as country head forChina, Reuters reported, citing a statement. Lam will replace Andrew Au, who isretiring.
* Claro Pineda III as actinghead of operations and technology at RCBC Savings Bank. Among other appointments,Evelyn Nolasco was designated as director and vice president of Niyog Property HoldingsInc., effective May 1.
* said Simon McKeon will as board chairman. John Palmerwill take on the role as acting chairman until a permanent appointment is made.
* Taiwan'sYuanta Commercial Bank Co. Ltd.completed the acquisition of South Korea's HanShin Savings Bank. Yuanta CommercialBank President Tsai-Yu Chang was appointedchairman of HanShin Savings Bank.
* WanMohd Fadzlullah Wan Abdullah resignedas CEO of Hong Leong MSIG Takaful Bhd., TheSun Daily reported. The executive decided to resign as CEO dueto a difference of opinion with the company's management, an industry executivesaid.
* willlay off 200 employeesthough a voluntary retirement program, TheChosun Ilbo reported, citing the company.
* Tam Kwok Ho as CFO, effectiveMay 1. Tam was previously vice president of corporate finance, the bank said.
* said the government Padmanaban Vittal Dassto its board. The government also named K. Ramesha and Gautam Guha as part-timenonofficial directors to the boards of UnionBank of India and AllahabadBank, respectively.
* LimCheng Teck, vice chairman at StandardChartered Bank (Singapore) Ltd., is set to retire May 1, Singapore's The Straits Times reported, citing the bank.
* said Nian Duan as chief technology officer.CEO Yihan Fang will assume responsibility for the company's technology development.
* Yann Garnier head of global marketsin Asia-Pacific. Garnier is based in Hong Kong and replaces Frank Drouet.
* EduardoConde, Asia United Bank Corp.'ssenior vice president and head of consumer lending, will step down. Vice President Jacob Ng will replace Conde ashead of consumer lending.
* is four new independent directors:a banker, a bureaucrat, a chartered accountant and a former army official, the Dhaka Tribune reported, citing sources atthe bank. The bank is set to hold its annual general meeting June 2 and severalother directors might also join the lender.
* appointed V. Ravi as executivedirector and CFO, while Anish Shah was named nonexecutive and nonindependent director.
* Chandrashekar Rao B., a generalmanager heading the finance function of the bank, as CFO, effective April 23. ChandrashekarRao B. replaced Raghurama in the role.
* Subhash Chand Ahuja aschief customer service officer - internal ombudsman for three years.
* Naofumi Fuke managing executiveofficer and deputy head of retail and business banking company at the group, aswell as senior managing executive officer at Mizuho Securities Co. Ltd., among other appointments.
* said Cheong Choong Kong retiredas a nonexecutive nonindependent director of the bank, effective April 22.
* Wang Changyun as a candidate to beappointed independent nonexecutive director.
* Andrew Hagger as chairman, effectiveApril 21. Hagger will replace Craig Drummond.
* said PatrapornMilindasuta resigned asexecutive director of the bank, effective April 22.
* said it Kwek Leng Beng and ChengShao Shiong as directors.
* appointed Joseph Grossas CEO, effective April 20.
* named Ashia Razzaq head of business communications for Asia.
* appointed Alain Gallois CEO for corporate and investmentbanking, Asia-Pacific, with effect from July.
* Rizal Commercial Banking accepted the resignation of Raul Victor Tan as treasurerand executive vice president, effective April 20. Carlos Cesar Mercado, senior vicepresident, was appointed as acting treasurer.