trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/yawXhWE_RXLcWRprK3-k4A2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

New owners take over Ridley Terminals coal, gas export business

European Energy Insights July 2020

As COVID-19 Wears On, Regulators Examine Moratorium Extensions, Cost Recovery

Essential Energy Insights - June 11, 2020

Webinar Replay

Deep Dive on Oil & Gas for Financial Institutions


New owners take over Ridley Terminals coal, gas export business

A new group of owners took over Ridley Terminals Inc., a key export point for metallurgical and thermal coal, petroleum coke and liquefied petroleum gas from Canada to Asia.

The new owners, as of Dec. 19, include Riverstone Holdings LLC, AMCI Group and a limited partnership owned by the Lax Kw'alaams Band and the Metlakatla First Nation. The Prince Rupert, British Columbia, facility was sold through a competitive sale process led by the Canadian Development Investment Corp. that began in November 2018.

Bartow Jones, partner & co-head of private equity for Riverstone Holdings, said in a news release that the transition would feature "business as usual" with no expected changes to process or operations at the terminals.

The agreement gives Riverstone Holdings and AMCI Group a 90% share in the terminal, with the remaining 10% owned by the limited partnership between Lax Kw'alaams and Metlakatla First Nation. The marine bulk handling terminal provides continuous railcar unloading, product storage and vessel loading services.

The owners are exploring options for the construction of a second berth adjacent to its current berth as well as significant improvements to the existing railcar unloading facility to meet a short-term increase in throughput demand.