trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/XWnmIwFOxGzTPai63Th-Ug2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Boralex, AWEC form JV to develop wind, solar projects in Alberta

Blog

Q&A: Datacenters: Energy Hogs or Sustainability Helpers?

Blog

Insight Weekly: US stock performance; banks' M&A risk; COVID-19 vaccine makers' earnings

Video

S&P Capital IQ Pro | Powered by Expert Insights

451 Research Podcast

Next in Tech | Episode 41: IoT's Role in Energy and Utilities


Boralex, AWEC form JV to develop wind, solar projects in Alberta

Boralex Inc. and Alberta Wind Energy Corp. have formed a joint venture, dubbed Alberta Renewable Power LP, to develop wind and solar projects in Alberta.

Boralex will own approximately 52% stake in Alberta Renewable Power and AWEC will own the remaining 48% stake, according to a Dec. 15 news release. Financial and other details of the JV were not disclosed.

The companies also are preparing the Windy Point and Old Elm and Pothole Creek projects for the upcoming renewable electricity program competitions in Alberta, as well as a portfolio of other projects in Alberta and Saskatchewan.