trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/xUcLf72tUPQPIdGIEQC3tQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Petrobras starts nonbinding phase to sell 10% stake in pipeline unit

European Energy Insights July 2020

As COVID-19 Wears On, Regulators Examine Moratorium Extensions, Cost Recovery

Essential Energy Insights - June 11, 2020

Webinar Replay

Deep Dive on Oil & Gas for Financial Institutions


Petrobras starts nonbinding phase to sell 10% stake in pipeline unit

State-owned oil company Petróleo Brasileiro SA started the nonbinding phase of its previously announced plan to sell its remaining 10% stake in natural gas transportation and storage unit Transportadora Associada de Gás SA, or TAG, according to a Jan. 17 release.

Petrobras, as the Brazilian oil giant is commonly known, closed a sale of a 90% stake in TAG in June 2019 to a consortium comprised of Engie SA and Canadian investment fund Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec. In December 2019, Reuters reported that Engie's Brazilian unit wants to acquire Petrobras' remaining 10% stake in TAG.

The sale is part of Petrobras' ongoing plan to reduce debt by selling assets. The divestment program has brought in $15.3 billion as of Oct. 15, 2019, with the Brazilian oil major planning to extend the program to 2024.

TAG holds long-term permits to operate and manage a 4,500-kilometer gas pipeline system in Brazil's north and northeast regions, which has an installed capacity of 75 million cubic meters per day.