This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* Red Lion Hotels Corp. appointed former Vantage COO and CFO Bernard Moyle to serve as executive vice president and COO. Roger Bloss, former President and CEO at Vantage, also joined Red Lion as executive vice president and president of global development. The appointments became effective Oct. 1.
* Equity LifeStyle Properties Inc. Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer Ann Wallin will step down from her positions, effective Oct. 21. according to Equity LifeStyle, Wallin plans to leave to pursue a new opportunity at a different company.
* Silver Bay Realty Trust Corp. CFO Christine Battist left her position at the company, effective Sept. 29. The company realigned its finance functions to Julie Ellis and Griffin Wetmore, who serve as chief accounting officer and executive vice president of finance, respectively.
* National HealthCare Corp. said Donald Daniel and Charlotte Swafford will retire Dec. 31. Brian Kidd will succeed Daniel as senior vice president, controller and principal accounting officer, while Jeffrey Smith will replace Swafford as senior vice president and treasurer.
* National Retail Properties Inc. President and COO Julian Whitehurst will succeed Craig Macnab as CEO, while lead independent director Robert Legler will replace Macnab as chairman of the board. Macnab has been CEO since 2004 and chairman since 2008. His retirement will become effective April 28, 2017.
* Former politician Jim Prentice joined Northview Apartment REIT's board of trustees. Prentice serves as an industry adviser to global private equity firm Warburg Pincus LLP. He was the 16th premier of Alberta, Canada.
* Education Realty Trust Inc. appointed Physicians Realty Trust President and CEO John Thomas to serve as an independent director, effective Sept. 28.
* Taubman Centers Inc. said the number of board members decreased to eight from nine with the resignation of William Parfet, who stepped down Sept. 27. The company also appointed Myron Ullman III to serve as chairman of the board's nominating and corporate governance committee.
* DiamondRock Hospitality Co. appointed former Marriott International Inc. President and COO William Shaw to serve as a board member, effective Oct. 1. The appointment increased the number of members from seven to eight. Shaw also joined the board's audit, compensation and nominating and corporate governance committees.
* NRT LLC promoted Monty Smith to the role of president of company-generated business, according to an Oct. 3 release.
* Hyatt Hotels Corp. appointed Alex Zoghlin to serve as global head of data, innovation and business transformation, effective Oct. 17.
* QTS Realty Trust Inc. said Steve Bloom became the company's chief people officer Sept. 29. He most recently was senior vice president and chief human resource officer for ProBuild.
* Wynn Resorts Ltd. said its indirect subsidiary, Wynn Macau Ltd., appointed Ian Michael Coughlan president, effective Sept. 30. Coughlan will remain as the president of Wynn Resorts (Macau) S.A. and as executive director of Wynn Macau, according to a filing.