trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/x1zX-hJ7nhQbT6lIZz1wPQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Canadian Solar, EDF Energies secure financing for Brazilian solar project

Essential Energy Insights - September, 2020

Rate case activity slips, COVID-19 proceedings remain at the forefront in August

Bull market leaves US utilities behind in August

Utilities, midstream reckon with energy transformation on the horizon


Canadian Solar, EDF Energies secure financing for Brazilian solar project

Canadian Solar Inc. and EdF Energies Nouvelles announced Aug. 7 that they had secured a $163 million financing facility from Brazilian Development Bank, or BNDES, for a planned solar project.

Canadian Solar owns a 20% stake in the 191.5-MW Pirapora I solar project, while EDF Energies Nouvelles' local subsidiary acquired the remaining 80% interest in the project in October 2016.

"This cornerstone financing from BNDES for the Pirapora I project demonstrates the total commitment from BNDES and the Brazilian government to support companies willing to invest in the long-term development of solar energy infrastructure in Brazil," Canadian Solar Chairman and CEO Shawn Qu said.

Previously, the facility received $20 million in unsecured funding from the China and Portuguese-speaking Countries Cooperation and Development Fund, commonly known as the CPDFund, for the development purposes.

The project won a 20-year power purchase agreement in the first reserve energy auction in 2015. The facility is expected to begin commercial operations during the third quarter and is estimated to produce 391,263 MWh of electricity annually.

EDF Energies Nouvelles is the renewables arm of the EDF Group.