trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/Wzzs5-mFcPNN5ignv_uQqA2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Century Aluminum inks new power deal for SC smelter

Blog

Activity Volumes Across the Equity Capital Markets Dropped Significantly in 2022

Blog

Insight Weekly: PE firms shift strategies; bank earnings kick off; bankruptcies plummet

Case Study

A Large Energy Company Manages its Exposure with Robust Tools to Assess Creditworthiness and Set Credit Limits

Blog

Insight Weekly: Stocks limp into 2023; GCC banks set for rebound; deep-sea mining faces pushback


Century Aluminum inks new power deal for SC smelter

said itsMount Holly smelter in South Carolina will receive 75% of its electricityrequirements from a third-party supplier under a new market-based powercontract. Local utility Santee Cooper will provide the remaining 25% of the power requirements,according to a company release.

With thenew agreement, Mount Holly may continue to operate at half capacity whilelooking for a long-term deal.

"Wehave regrettably not been able to achieve an agreement for full market poweraccess; such a structure is required for Mt. Holly's long-term competitiveness,"Century Aluminum President and CEO Michael Bless said in the July 6 newsrelease.

SanteeCooper is known legally as the SouthCarolina Public Service Authority. In January, it has startedsupplying power to Mount Holly under a three-year .