trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/wX8QGVMIbOT2y50Lltjy9g2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Taung unit creating JV to bid for copper project in Pakistan

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - August 2020

State of the Market: Mining Q2-2020

Report Outlooks of Lithium and Cobalt

Essential Metals & Mining Insights July 2020


Taung unit creating JV to bid for copper project in Pakistan

Taung Gold International Ltd.'s TG BVI unit and its joint venture partner entered into a deal to establish a joint venture company in preparation for the bidding of a copper project in Pakistan, the company said June 12.

The joint venture partner is a construction and military engineering branch of the Pakistan Army.

TG BVI will initially own an 81.55% interest in the JV company, while the partner will hold the remaining 18.45% stake. The partner can also elect to increase its stake to 49% by subscribing for further shares in the JV company.

The JV structure requires TG BVI to make the relevant share contributions and arrange financing for the project, while the partner will help develop and submit the JV's business plan to relevant governmental and regulatory authorities.

Up to US$50 million in bank guarantees will be provided in favor of the partner for the performance of TG BVI's obligations under the JV agreement.

The new company's board will consist of seven directors, whereas TG BVI is entitled to appoint five and the partner is entitled to appoint the remaining two.

The JV will cease to exist if the companies fail to secure a mining lease for the project within six months from the joint venture agreement.

The project is located the northwest region of Chagai in Balochistan province and comprises mainly of an enriched copper sulfide ore body situated above a primary porphyry copper system.