This feature rounds uprecent property news from covered companies and highlights larger deal coveragealready published.
* WhitestoneREIT expanded its Phoenix area holdings to 27 community-centeredproperties with the $72.5 million purchase of two upscale retail centers inScottsdale, Ariz. The LaMirada center contains 147,209 square feet and is 90.9% occupied,while the Seville center spans 90,042 square feet and is 88.7%leased.
* AshfordHospitality Trust Inc. sold a 162-room hotel in Gaithersburg, Md.,for roughly $13.2 million in cash and operating partnership units. The sale ofthe SpringHill SuitesGaithersburg hotel brings the company's completed and plannednoncore select-service hotel sales to $218 million.
* VentasInc. tenant Kindred Healthcare Inc. closed on its $27.5 millionsale of 12 long-term acute care hospitals to Curahealth LLC. As part of theCurahealth transaction, the tenant in April amended its master lease agreements with Ventas, andexpects to report roughly $54 million in pretax charges associated with thoselease amendments.
* CorporateProperty Associates 17 - Global Inc. paid roughly $14 million tobuy a Perrysburg, Ohio, distribution and light manufacturing facility fromInSite Real Estate LLC. First Solar Inc. occupies the roughly391,700-square-foot facility under a 10-year net lease.
* DividendCapital Diversified Property Fund Inc.'s office propertyin the Washington, D.C., market sold for $18.6 million. The 178,000-square-footproperty, which did not serve as collateral for any mortgage borrowings, wasunoccupied at the time of sale.
MedicalProperties finalizes $1.25B Steward Health portfolio buy: Thetransaction included real estate interests in nine acute care hospitals as wellas an equity stake in Steward.
LibertyProperty closes $969M assets, land sale: The portfolio consists ofabout 7.6 million square feet of office and industrial space and 26.7 acres ofland.
PureIndustrial to acquire Alberta, Southeastern US property portfolios in 2deals: The company also launched a bought-deal offering to helpfund the acquisition deals, one of which is with Artis REIT.
JLL Incomenabs 11th grocery-anchored retail property for $42.6M: TheBeaverton, Ore., property is newly built.
TIER REIToff-loads Ky. mixed-use development for $41M: The net proceeds fromthe sale will go toward the repayment of its mortgage debt expiring in the nearterm.
Artis REIT tosell Alberta retail property for C$40M: The sale comes along withthat of an eight-asset industrial portfolio, also in Alberta, to PureIndustrial Real Estate Trust.
NationalHealth Investors JV to convert RIDEA portfolio to triple-net lease:The RIDEA portfolio comprises 32 assisted living and memory care properties.
Lennar closes$2.2B multifamily fund: Company unit LMC received the latestcommitment of $250 million.