Thisfeature rounds up recent property news from S&P Global MarketIntelligence's covered companies and highlights larger deal coverage alreadypublished.
* is approval to build morethan 1,000 new built-to-rent homes in the London City region in Ashford,Maidstone, Swanley and Woking. The four mixed-use regeneration schemes willhave a total value of over £250 million.
* Unite GroupPlc saidit divested two of its U.K. student housing assets for a total of £88.4million. The fully let properties in Portsmouth and Coventry were sold to thecompany's Unite UK Student Accommodation Fund.
* Skanska is set to begin construction on phase two of 's The Bower scheme on OldStreet in the City of London, accordingto Construction Enquirer. The secondphase is known as The Tower and will offer 170,000 square feet of office space,and 7,300 square feet of retail and restaurant space.
* Land Securities GroupPlc and IntuProperties Plc's joint venture, The St. David's Partnership,announced three newdeals for approximately 8,000 square feet of retail space at the St. David'sshopping center in Cardiff. Kiehl's and Footlocker joined the lineup at theshopping center, while Build-A-Bear will double the size of its current store.
* Equites Property FundLtd. concluded a £17.0 million off-market to acquire a 20,410-square-meterdistribution center let to Amazon in Trentham Lakes, Stoke-on-Trent. PerevilSecurities Ltd. sold the property.
* EasyHotel Plccompleted theacquisition of the freehold of the 3-5 Northgate St. property in Ipswich. Theproperty will be used as the site of a 94-room hotel that is expected to openby July 2017.
* GCP Student LivingPlc also completed the site acquisition of the forward-fundeddevelopment at Apex House, London.
* Sirius Real EstateLtd. completed the €28.6 million purchase of the Dresdenbusiness park in Germany. The property has 53,200 squaremeters of gross lettable area.
* soldthree noncore retail properties of Fair Value REIT-AG in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.Fair Value said theassets comprised two properties in Ahaus-Wüllen that were sold to a KauflandGroup company for €5.5 million, while the mixed-use building in Lippetal-Herzfeldwere sold to private investors for €1.8 million.
* said it acquiredmore than 90 residential units in Düsseldorf, Germany, from property developerfitis GmbH for an undisclosed price.
* The Austrian subsidiary of UBM Development AG, STRAUSS & PARTNER, has begunconstruction on 128 freehold apartments in the Favoriten district of Vienna,according to a release. The MySky development will contain twobuildings and is due for completion in autumn 2017.
* AltareaCogedim has openedthe Cap3000 shopping center in Saint-Laurent-du-Var, France, following arefurbishment worth around €200 million.
* Ascencio SCAon Sept. 26 finalized the approximately €14.8 million sale of 17buildings in Belgium, including 16 retail properties in Wallonia and asemi-industrial building in Braine l'Alleud.
* Plaza CentersNV signed a nonbinding letter of intent for the possibleforward sale of the Belgrade Plaza shopping and entertainment center inBelgrade, Serbia. Upon the conclusion of the definitive agreement, the companywill receive up to €35 million and will be entitled to an additional payment ofapproximately €15 million upon the opening of the shopping center. The propertywill comprise around 32,000 square meters of gross lettable area and is onschedule to open in the first half of 2017.
The company also said it completed the €2.4 million sale of a20,700-square-meter land parcel in Lodz, Poland, to a residential developer.
* Castellum ABbroke ground on two new constructions in the Smista area of Huddinge, accordingto a filing. Theprojects will entail an investment worth 222 million Swedish kronor.
The first project involves around 12,500 square metersof space for the expanding Hedin Bil, while the second involves theconstruction of approximately 6,900 square meters for the tenant Veho Bil'sexpansion.
BritishLand off-loads 3 retail assets in £191M deal: BMO Real EstatePartners was the buyer, Property Week reported.
TritaxBig Box REIT to raise £150M to fund acquisitions: The company saidit is in advanced talks for three properties, and is looking to raise proceedsthrough issuing new shares.
FdR, ANFImmobilier buy Bordeaux, France, mixed-use development: Foncièredes Régions and ANF Immobilier acquired the project, which is aiming to secureboth HQE Excellent and BREEAM Very Good certification.
Some links require asubscription.