This feature presentsa weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes andpersonnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S.REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* namedinterim CFO ChristopherConover as its permanent CFO, effective Sept. 21.
* appointed Anna Fitzgerald to replace James Majernik as senior vice president and chiefaccounting officer, effective Oct. 4. Majernik will resign from Care Capitaleffective Dec. 31 to pursue other opportunities.
Fitzgerald formerly worked for asexecutive vice president and chief accounting officer from November 2014 untilJune.
* will step down asCFO of W. P. CareyInc. on Oct. 14. Kader will relocate to Boston to take the sameposition at an undisclosed private real estate company.
* LawrenceGoodfield Jr., former senior vice president and controller at W. P. Carey Inc.,joined NewcastleInvestment Corp. as CFO, effective Sept. 26.
* appointedJohn Peyton president and COO for Realogy Franchise Group, effective Oct. 13.Prior to the appointment, Peyton worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. as seniorvice president of brands and shared services.
* Hyatt HotelsCorp. appointed Anne-Marie Law as chief human resources officer,effective Oct. 3. Law most recently was global head of human resources forBaxalta Corp.
* joined asinterim CFO and treasurer, effective Sept. 26. He succeeded Justine Cheng, whoresigned to explore a new professional opportunity.
* saidDanielle Jones will resign as CFO, effective Nov. 1.
* appointed RaymondMerk interim chief accounting officer, effective Sept. 19. Hereplaced Deborah Cheek, who recently stepped down.
* on Sept.27 announced the appointment of Rebecca Robertson as a director.
* appointed as chairman of itsboard of trustees. He replaced Patrick Lavelle, who retired from the role.
* saidRob Coupland will be managing director for its operations in Europe, the MiddleEast and Africa, effective Oct. 1. Coupland most recently was CEO of theTelecityGroup data center business, which was acquired by Digital Realty inJuly.
* Prabhu Ramanand John Wieker joined Macquarie Capital as managing directors of thecompany's real estate group.
Raman previously worked for Bank of America Merrill Lynch'sglobal real estate investments division as global COO and portfolio manager,while Wieker was Citigroup Global Markets Inc.'s director for real estateinvestment banking.
* 'srestructuring plan could lead to the elimination of around 12% of its workforce, or 50 to 55full-time positions. The restructuring aims to realign the company’s corporatestructure to advance its business diversification strategy and better servefacility operations.
* onSept. 28 hired Jared Everett to serve as vice president of universitypartnerships. Everett most recently served as Boise State University'streasurer and executive director of real estate and business development.