Commercial real estate
* Prologis Inc. filed plans to develop a more than 1 million-square-foot warehouse on a 146-acre site on C. Fred Jones Boulevard in Auburndale, Fla., the Tampa Bay Business Journal reported. Citing unnamed sources, the publication added that potential tenants at the property include e-commerce giant Amazon.com Inc.
* Paperwork has been drafted for Amazon to lease the remaining space at SL Green Realty Corp.'s 638,000-square-foot building at 460 W. 34th St. in New York, New York Post reported, citing unnamed sources. The remaining space includes 224,471 square feet on the seventh through 12th floors and 186,641 square feet on the 14th through 20th floors, the publication added, citing CoStar data.
* San Diego-based developer Southwest Value Partners Enterprise LLC secured a $175.5 million loan from U.S. Bank to build a 20-story office building and an 11-level parking garage at Church Street and 10th Avenue North in Nashville, Tenn., the Nashville Business Journal reported. Amazon will occupy the tower that is expected to open in 2021.
* A partnership of property developer The Rabsky Group LLC is paying $80 million for six parcels between Bond Street and the Gowanus Canal at 313-331 Bond St. in the Gowanus neighborhood in New York, The Real Deal reported. The property is being sold by All Year Management, which will retain a 12.5% stake in the asset. All Year acquired the site for $61 million in July 2018.
* The Durst Organization Inc. has leased about 125,000 square feet at its 24-story, 445,000-square-foot East Side building at 733 Third Ave. in New York to accounting and advisory firm EisnerAmper LLP, The Real Deal reported. The 15-year deal includes the sixth through ninth floors, and part of the 10th floor. The firm will relocate from SL Green Realty's 750 Third Ave. property, the publication noted.
* Secured Capital Partners LLC has set an auction for the 157-acre The Mountain parcel in Beverly Hills, Calif., with an asking price of $650 million, following a failed attempt to secure a chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, The Wall Street Journal reported. The property was listed for sale in 2018 for $1 billion, according to the report.
* The Irvine Co. LLC renewed four lease deals for almost 200,000 square feet at the new Spectrum Terrace and Discovery Park campuses in Irvine, Calif., The Real Deal reported. WeWork Cos. Inc. agreed to occupy the entire 116,261-square-foot building at 16774 Laguna Canyon Road in the Spectrum Terrace campus. Online business platform Kajabi LLC and portable ice compression device manufacturer Hyperice signed new leases for 43,800 square feet and 13,740 square feet, respectively, at Spectrum Terrace. Pacific Rim Capital Inc. renewed its lease for 20,161 square feet at Discovery Park at 15555 Laguna Canyon Road.
* Parkway Property Investments LLC is planning to buy the 18-story former United Way of Greater Atlanta tower at 100 Edgewood in Atlanta and proposing a $79 million makeover of the building, the Atlanta Business Chronicle reported.
The day ahead
Early morning futures indicators pointed to a lower opening for the U.S. market.
In Asia, the Hang Seng ticked 0.08% higher to 25,302.28, while the Nikkei 225 gained 0.98% to 20,655.13.
In Europe, around midday, the FTSE 100 fell 0.97% to 7,180.47, and the Euronext 100 dropped 1.25% to 1,028.66.
On the macro front
The U.S. import and export prices report, the Atlanta Fed business inflation expectations report and the U.S. Energy Information Administration petroleum status report are due out today.
Click here to read about today's financial markets, setting out the factors driving stocks, bonds and currencies around the world ahead of the New York open.
Now featured on S&P Global Market Intelligence
US REIT capital markets activity up 166% YOY in July: Chart Watch: Healthcare REIT Medical Properties Trust raised the most capital during the month, at $1.79 billion.
The Daily Dose has an editorial deadline of 7 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.