* Morgan Stanley's third-quarter earnings per share went up year over year to $1.17. BlackRock's third-quarter EPS increased to $7.54. Comerica's third-quarter EPS jumped to $1.86 from $1.26.
* Goldman Sachs is also expected to report quarterly results before markets open today.
* The New Jersey Bureau of Securities is seeking comments on a pre-proposal that will subject broker/dealers, agents, investment advisers, and investment adviser representatives to a fiduciary duty, InvestmentNews reports.
* JPMorgan Chase filed an application to open its first stand-alone branch in Nashville, Tenn., the Nashville Business Journal reports. The banking giant is also exploring sites for branches in North Carolina's Triangle region, the Triangle Business Journal reports.
* U.S. cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase is opening a new office in Dublin as part of its Brexit contingency plans, the Financial Times reports.
* TD Bank ignored a series of red flags when it loaned about $3 million to a real estate company that was linked to Russian tax fraud, according to documents reviewed by BuzzFeed News.
* Visa, Mastercard, American Express and PayPal Holdings are the among payment companies that missed the Oct. 15 deadline to comply with the Reserve Bank of India's data localization requirements, The Hindu BusinessLine reports.
* Health insurer Anthem reached a $16 million settlement with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in connection with a healthcare data breach.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.