This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. tapped James Risoleo, its executive vice president and managing director of investments for the West Coast and Europe, to succeed W. Edward Walter as president and CEO. Walter is stepping down, effective Dec. 31, and Risoleo will assume his new roles Jan. 1, 2017.
* Forest City Realty Trust Inc.'s William Ross was tapped to serve as COO of DDR Corp., effective Jan. 3, 2017.
* Thomas Zacharias will retire as COO and head of asset management at W. P. Carey Inc., effective March 31, 2017, at which time Brooks Gordon will take over as head of asset management. Zacharias will also step down as COO of Corporate Property Associates 17 - Global Inc. and Corporate Property Assoc. 18 Global Inc., when he leaves W. P. Carey.
* InvenTrust Properties Corp. picked Adam Jaworski, a former executive at Global Logistic Properties' U.S. platform, as its senior vice president and chief accounting officer, effective immediately.
* Brandywine Realty Trust expanded its board to nine trustees from eight with the appointment of H. Richard Haverstick Jr., an Ernst & Young veteran. He was also named to the board's audit committee, effective Dec. 6.
* Altisource Residential Corp. announced changes to its board, including the resignation of director Robert Fitzpatrick and the appointment of Rochelle Dobbs to fill the vacancy. The changes took effect Dec. 5.
* Independence Realty Trust Inc. said Sharon Tsao is resigning from its board, effective Dec. 30.
* Potlatch Corp. said Boh Dickey is retiring as a board member and audit committee chairman Dec. 31, bringing the board's size down to eight. Linda Breard was tapped to chair the audit committee, effective Dec. 2.
* Global Healthcare REIT Inc. Secretary Clifford Neuman stepped down, effective Dec. 8, and controller Jacob Taylor was tapped to assume the role until a replacement is named.
* Former CBRE Group Inc. employees Brian Moulder and Dhaval Patel joined Walker & Dunlop Inc.'s team of multifamily investment sales professionals in Jacksonville, Fla. Both will serve as senior vice presidents and managing directors.