* Bison, Kan.-based Bison State Bank and Kansas City, Mo.-based First Mortgage Solutions are merging.
* Deutsche Bank reached an agreement in principle with the U.S. Justice Department to settle a probe into its sale of mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. It will pay a civil monetary penalty of $3.1 billion and provide $4.1 billion in consumer relief.
* The DOJ, meanwhile, is suing Barclays Bank PLC and several of its U.S. affiliates over accusations of fraud in the sale of residential mortgage-backed securities leading up to the financial crisis.
* Bend, Ore.-based Cascade Bancorp secured the approval of another of its shareholders -- Mark Vassallo and related investment vehicles -- to vote in favor of the company's pending sale to Billings, Mont.-based First Interstate BancSystem.
* The exchange ratio and per-share cash consideration for the merger of Philadelphia-based Prudential Bancorp and Huntingdon Valley, Pa.-based Polonia Bancorp have been adjusted to 0.7460 and $11.09, respectively. The initial merger consideration comprised either 0.7591 of a share of Prudential common stock or $11.28 in cash for each Polonia share.
* Anders Tomson became president and CEO of Chemung Financial and unit Chemung Canal Trust in a transition previously announced in May.
* DBRS confirmed all ratings of Bank of Hawaii Corp. and unit Bank of Hawaii, reflecting the company's "strong and defensible banking franchise" particularly within Hawaii, and its "solid earnings generation capacity and strong balance sheet fundamentals."
* Paul Yang has joined Anchorage, Alaska-based Credit Union 1 as president and CEO.
* Former Corry Area Schools Federal Credit Union CEO Karen Schenck pleaded guilty to stealing more than $741,000 through false loans and deposits and making unauthorized withdrawals from members' accounts at the Corry, Pa.-based credit union, CUToday reports.
* Software engineers at hedge fund Bridgewater Associates are secretly working on developing a technology that would "enshrine [founder Ray Dalio's] unorthodox management approach in a software system," according to The Wall Street Journal.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.