trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/vapmgw1ijmru-cvuifqzg2 content
BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR USE OF COOKIES. REVIEW OUR
PRIVACY & COOKIE NOTICE
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *

* Required

In this list

Report: Bain Capital's BDC to debut with over $1b in lending capacity

TMT: Leading Trends And What To Watch

US Utility Commissioners: A Key Factor In Assessing Regulatory Risk

Municipal-Run Fiber Tops 280000 Subscribers In 2018

The Essential Conference 2019 Highlight Reel


Report: Bain Capital's BDC to debut with over $1b in lending capacity

Bain Capital CreditLP has secured more than $500 million in equity commitments for itsdebut business development company, giving it the ability to finance over $1 billionin investments, The Wall Street Journal reportedOct. 6.

The business can make such an investment because of rules thatallow BDCs to borrow the same amount it collects in equity.

Bain Capital's BDC plans to lend money to small and midmarketcompanies with annual EBITDA of between $10 million and $150 million, the news outletsaid. The business may also invest in mezzanine and other junior securities or purchaseassets or portfolios as it deems fit.

BDCs are required to invest at least 70% of their capital intoU.S. midmarket companies. Bain Capital has earmarked the remaining 30% for overseascompanies in Europe or Australia, according to the report.