Media industry moves
* Sony Music Entertainment Inc.'s CEO Doug Morris will relinquish his post and become chairman of the company's board in April 2017, Sony Corp. said Oct. 18.
* Peter Kern joined the board of Tribune Media Co. following the Oct. 11 resignation of Michael Kreger. Kern also serves as the chairman of Hemisphere Media Group Inc.'s board. He is also on the board of Expedia Inc. and other private companies, according to an Oct. 13 news release.
* Marchex Inc. CEO Pete Christothoulou and board Chairman Clark Kokich both resigned from the company amid disappointing earnings. To support the search for a new chief executive, the mobile advertising analytics company created an Interim Office of the CEO, which will be led by Anne Devereux-Mills, a Marchex board member since October 2006. She also assumed responsibilities of chairman of the board, according to an Oct. 3 press release.
* Stormy Simon resigned as a director of Overstock.com Inc. on Sept. 30, according to an SEC filing. Simon recently also stepped down as president of the company to pursue other opportunities.
* Frederick Ruiz on Sept. 23 informed McClatchy Co. that he will not stand for re-election to the board at the upcoming annual stockholder meeting of the company in May 2017, according to a Sept. 29 SEC filing. Ruiz plans to continue serving as director of the company until the 2017 annual meeting.
Communications industry moves
* Limelight Networks Inc.'s director Gray Hall on Oct. 14 resigned from his post for personal reasons, effective immediately. Hall was appointed as a director to the company's board in May 2014. Limelight is currently looking for his successor.