S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* China Rongzhong Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. said Li Yu Lian Kelly resigned as a nonexecutive director, effective Oct. 8.
* He Zhiming stepped down as a nonexecutive director of Chongqing Rural Commercial Bank Co. Ltd.
* India's Milgrey Finance and Investments Ltd. said Bhagavatiprasad Joshi, Manju Joshi and Narendra Sandesara resigned as directors.
* Sri Lanka's People's Leasing & Finance Plc named K. Gunawardana and N. Weerasinghe nonexecutive independent directors, effective Aug. 31.
* ArgoGlobal, a Lloyd's insurer and member of the Argo Group, appointed Michael Scala chief underwriting officer for the Asia-Pacific region.
* Tsao Cheng Chian stepped down as a director of Bangkok-based Mega International Commercial Bank PCL.
* Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance Plc appointed C. Amarasinghe an alternate director, effective Oct. 3.
* Sri Lanka's Commercial Credit and Finance PLC said Regis Martin resigned as nonexecutive director, effective Aug. 14.
* India's N.B.I. Industrial Finance Co. Ltd. said Ashok Bhandari resigned as chairman and nonexecutive director, effective Oct. 5.
* Bohai Capital Holding Co. Ltd. named Ma Weihua, Li Tiemin and Wang Jinran as directors.
* Bangladesh's Ministry of Finance dismissed Manik Chandra Dey and Md. Abdul Haque as directors of Janata Bank Ltd.
* Bank of Communications Co. Ltd. named Guan Xingshe an employee supervisor.
* India's Axis Bank Ltd. said Prasad Menon resigned as an independent director.
* Agricultural Bank of China Ltd. said Chairman Zhou Mubing will also assume the role of president.
* The government of India appointed Rakesh Sharma CEO and managing director of IDBI Bank Ltd. for a six-month period.
* U.K.-based Aon PLC CEO for Asian business, Sandeep Malik, will head its new Asia-Pacific unit, which will comprise the company's regional commercial risk solutions, health solutions and affinity businesses.
* United Bank of India appointed Rakesh Chandra Narayan CFO, effective Oct. 4.
* Australia's Hamilton Securities Ltd. said Fred Woollard, Gordon Elkington and Steven Pritchard resigned as directors.
* Chanda Kochhar and Vishakha Mulye resigned as directors of ICICI Securities Ltd.
* French lender BNP Paribas SA reportedly hired Andrew Wong a managing director and head of China.
* Australia's Sequoia Financial Group Ltd. appointed Timothy Martin a nonexecutive director.
* Richard Santamaria retired as a director of Australia-based AMCIL Ltd.
* India's Meenakshi Enterprises Ltd. appointed Sree Kala an additional independent director.
* Sandeep Bakhshi was appointed as CEO and managing director of India's ICICI Bank Ltd. Bakhshi replaced Chanda Kochhar.
* South Korea's Taurus Investment & Securities Co. Ltd. reinstated its founder Chairman Sohn Bok-jo as CEO.