S&P Global MarketIntelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and otherpersonnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed byannouncement dates in reverse chronological order.
* CommonwealthBank of Australia appointed Catherine Livingstone as chairman of itsboard, effective Jan. 1, 2017. Livingstone will replace David Turner, who isset to retire Dec. 31.
* FubonFinancial Holding Co. Ltd. named Richard Tsai, the group's vice chairman, as itsnew chairman. Richard Tsai will also serve as chairman of unit
* Krung ThaiBank PCL appointed Kulaya Tantitemit as a director, effectiveOct. 12.
* Deutsche BankAG namedMohamed Atmani as the head of its financial sponsors coverage in Asia-Pacific.Atmani joins the German banking group from UBS Group AG, where he covered leveraged finance.
* UBS Group AG hired Anurag Mahesh and Ravi Raju, former Deutsche Bank executives inAsia-Pacific, Bloomberg News and Reuters reported. Mahesh was Deutsche Bank'sglobal head of key client partners, while Raju was the bank's head of wealthmanagement for Asia-Pacific.
* Syn Mun KongInsurance PCL said Suvichakorn Chinapha, an independent director,died.
* AMPLtd. said Peter Varghese was appointed as an independent director on the board of AMPCapital Holdings Ltd., effective Oct. 17.
* MembersEquity Bank Ltd. said it appointed Elana Rubin as a director on its board,effective Oct. 4.
* UniversalSompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. appointed Rajiv Kumar as managing director and CEO, The Hindu Business Line reported.
* CreditSuisse Group AG named Thippa Praneeprachachon as head of its wealthmanagement service in Thailand, TheNation reported.
* StandardChartered Plc hiredstaff from BarclaysPlc's private banking business in Hong Kong ahead of the business'proposed transfer toOversea-Chinese Banking Corp.Ltd., Bloomberg News reported, citing "people familiar withthe matter." The bank hired more than 10 relationship managers in HongKong from Barclays, said the sources. About 20 Barclays relationship managersare expected to join OCBC's private banking unit, one person said.
* Atul Agarwal ceased to be executive director of , effective Sept.30.
* NepalInvestment Bank Ltd. appointed Bhubaneshwor Prasad Shaha, Niranjan LalShrestha and Binod Kumar Guragain as directors, effective Oct. 6.
* BerkshireHathaway Specialty Insurance Co. appointed Yasmin Chan as branch manager for its newMacau office. The company also named Ivory Chong as underwriting manager.