S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns are published Tuesday and Thursday.
* MAS Real Estate Inc. will position Morné Wilken as CEO following Lukas Nakos' resignation, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Wilken joined the company's board as a nonexecutive director in August 2014.
* Belinda Richards will retire from the post of a nonexecutive director of Grainger Plc with effect from Feb. 7, 2018. She served as chair of the audit, risk and remuneration committees as well as a senior independent director during her six-year stint that started April 2011.
* AccorHotels Chairman and CEO, Sebastien Bazin, is up for re-election as Banyan Tree Holdings Ltd.'s nonexecutive and nonindependent director at the company's next annual general meeting. Bazin also holds directorial roles at Accor SA, General Electric and China Lodging Group Ltd.
* UK Commercial Property Trust Ltd. will bring in Margaret Littlejohns as a nonexecutive director Jan. 1, 2018. Apart from being Henderson High Income Trust Plc's nonexecutive chair, Littlejohns holds directorships at JP Morgan Mid Cap Investment Trust Plc and Foresight VCT Plc.
* Following Apostolos Kazakos' resignation Oct. 13, Jamie Lowry assumed his mantle as a nonexecutive member of Grivalia Properties REIC's board. Lowry will serve for the remainder of Kazakos' term.
* Yondela Tembakazi Silimela will serve as an independent nonexecutive director of Indluplace Properties Ltd. from Nov. 1. She joins the company following her role as an executive director, managing the City of Johannesburg's development planning department.