trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/TTMVVSEdNoZCFYNZWCf0Iw2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Talisman: 99,000 tonnes copper, 55,000 ounces gold estimated at Monty deposit

Greenhouse gas and gold mines Nearly 1 ton of CO2 emitted per ounce of gold produced in 2019

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - September 2020

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - August 2020

State of the Market: Mining Q2-2020


Talisman: 99,000 tonnes copper, 55,000 ounces gold estimated at Monty deposit

Talisman MiningLtd. announced a maiden JORC 2012-compliant mineral resource for theMonty copper-gold deposit in Western Australia of 1.05 million tonnes grading 9.4%copper and 1.6 g/t of gold for 99,000 tonnes of contained copper and 55,000 ouncesof contained gold.

The indicated and inferred resource includes a high-grade massivesulfide component of 763,000 tonnes grading 12.1% copper and 2.1 g/t of gold for92,000 tonnes of contained copper and 52,000 ounces of contained gold, the companysaid April 13.

Of the total resource, 99% is reported in the indicated categoryand available for conversion to ore reserves.

The Monty project is part of the company's 30%-owned copper-gold jointventure project in Western Australia with SandfireResources NL, which owns the remaining 70%.

The joint venture will now look for "the optimal pathwayto unlock the value of the Monty deposit" and focus on exploration in the deposit'svicinity, which is believed to have potential for further VMS mineralization.

The Monty discovery has opened up the highly prospective 5-kilometer-longMonty trend, and reverse-circulation drilling is underway with down-hole electromagneticsurveys to follow, the company wrote.