trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/t50s45yec-7rto-fazoe-q2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

In this list

Agrium, PotashCorp shareholders to decide on merger in early November

Cable Network Q1'20 Distribution Revenue Recap

State of the Market: Mining Q1-2020

S&P Global Market Intelligence Goes ‘All-In’ On Mobile

2020 TMT Ecosystem: Effects of COVID-19


Agrium, PotashCorp shareholders to decide on merger in early November

Agrium Inc. and Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. plan to hold separate special shareholder meetings on the same day, Nov. 3, to vote on their merger.

The arrangement must be approved by at least two-thirds of the shareholders of the respective companies, according to the joint Oct. 6 release.

Following the merger, PotashCorp shareholders will own 52% of the new company, while Agrium shareholders will own the remaining 48%.

In September, PotashCorp and Agrium agreed to an all-scrip merger to create a global fertilizer giant worth US$36 billion, with production and distribution in all three key crop nutrients, including more than 10 million tonnes of mined potash production.

Moody's recently said the merger is credit positive for Agrium but credit negative for PotashCorp, as Agrium is merging with a company that has stronger credit quality and high-quality assets.